Monday, July 28, 2008

The Compound





These are a few pictures of our house exterior (front), the playground and some beautiful tropical flowers. All houses in the compound look like ours. There's almost no backyard except space for compressers for air conditioners and gas canisters for cooking. But it's well landscaped. Every two houses share a car port and a gate. The compound is relatively quiet but we can hear some traffic at night, and people praying at 4:30am from a nearby mosque.
I just discovered today that the huge tree in our tiny backyard is mango tree!!! It's about 30 meters tall, towering above our house. I claimed there were 2 mangos up there. My parents looked at it and said that my eyes must have some problem. They found tons of mangos hanging above. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow to show that they are right!

1 comment:

Ben Wang said...

Great pictures and excellent writing!. More please!